Bernard Heerey Family Foundation Scholarship
Illini Hillel is proud and excited to offer the Bernard Heerey Family Foundation Scholarship for the 2022 Fall semester. This scholarship is aimed at enhancing Jewish learning and ritual at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign through practice and learning.
The Bernard Heerey Family Foundation Scholarship recipients will commit to participate in Jewish learning and prayer services on a daily basis. The Bernard Heerey Scholars will help lead and support Jewish prayer, Jewish learning and Jewish practice at the University of Illinois.
The scholarship fund will grant $2,000 tuition scholarships to up to students each semester. Students must be enrolled at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (or accepted admission if they are incoming students). The scholarships will be paid directly to the University of Illinois’ student tuition accounts. Students will be able to re-apply for continued scholarship the following semester and will be considered, as long as they fulfilled their commitment in the prior semester.
• Student must be willing to commit to regularly attending Jewish Orthodox* prayer services and Jewish learning sessions on the University of Illinois campus. (*Any student can apply, you do not need to be Orthodox)
• Must be enrolled at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
• Applications for Fall 2022 are accepted on a rolling basis. Prospective students are welcome to apply.
• Interviews for the scholarship will be set after receipt of the application.
• Scholarship awardees will receive notification within a month of the application submission.
• Signed acceptance letter must be received back at Hillel for the scholarship to be formalized.
If you do not see an application form below, please refresh the page.